If your loved one, such as a spouse, has passed away and they were the owner of a Netflix account you shared, you may want to update the account profile information instead of canceling and opening a new account. In doing so your view history and preferences will be saved. Here’s how you can update Netflix account credentials:
- Access the account using one of the following:
- If available, sign in with the deceased’s email or phone number and password
- Reset your password through the email or phone number associated with the account
- Visit the reset password page, click the link I don’t remember my email or phone, and enter the full name and Credit/Debit card number on file
- If none of the above are options, you should contact Netflix Customer Service
- Once logged in, hover the mouse over the profile image ▼ in the top right corner of the homepage, then select on Account.
- Update the account email, password, phone and billing information.